Friday, June 17, 2011

A Sad Day

Due to a faulty garage door, my dogs got out of the pen today and decided to "play" with my chickens who were out grazing in the yard. Needless to say, we will be spending the evening burying the chickens. Every single one of them, dead. They weren't ripped apart but they all had broken necks from being shook too hard. I have decided that before we get anymore chickens, we need to make a fenced in chicken run for them so they will be safe. It was my dogs this time but it very easily could have been a neighbor's dog, a hawk, or anything.

This is one of those times that you just have to learn from the mistakes made and move on.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I am so sorry Rebekah. That is so sad :( I am sending you big (((Hugs))).

blue star stitcher said...

That sucks! I'm sorry for your chickens, but dogs will be dogs. Your right to learn from it and move on.