Sunday, August 14, 2011

Chickens!

As I have said earlier, I had planned to try again with raising chickens. I ordered some chicks and they should be getting here this week. My second cousin (the one that I fed all the farm animals for) had bought a bunch of Rhode Island Reds chicks from a local farmer. He told her they were all female. Well, he was wrong. They have about 5 roosters running around now with the roosters that they already had. They were going to be going straight into the stew pot so I took 2 of them. So now I have my roosters who are patiently waiting for the lovely ladies to arrive and grow up. Photos should be coming soon.

On the stitching front, I am getting close to being done with the last round of the UFO RR. I have really enjoyed this RR but I seriously will enjoy having the time to work on my own projects again. It wasn't so bad while my cousins were in school most of the day but the summer has been crazy. With three kids running around, stitching is pretty much impossible. My little nephew has started crawling so that's been fun and exhausting all at the same time. I have several new starts planned even though I really shouldn't. ;)

No comments: